• Unexcused absences will result in a grade of zero for that activity (class, rehearsal, concert, etc.).
• Excused absences could require a make-up assignment
• All prior known absences MUST be communicated to the directors two weeks in advance of the known absence.
• Notifying the directors of an absence DOES NOT constitute an excused absence.
• PREFERRED METHOD OF PAYMENT IS ONLINE through MySchoolBucks on the high school's main website www.fairhopehs.com
• No fundraisers can be paid this way.
• CHECKS MUST HAVE A PHYSICAL ADDRESS PRINTED, PHONE NUMBER WRITTEN, AND STUDENT NAME ON CHECK.
• NO PERSONAL CHECKS OVER $300 PER THE CHECK VERIFICATION SYSTEM FOR THE COUNTY.
• Pirate Cards – Due Friday, September 9
• Draw down tickets – March (through Athletics)
• Chaperones – need for all home games, away games, and competitions.
• Chaperone and ride the bus to and from away games:
•Chaperone home games:
Home Football Parking
• Need volunteers to collect parking money at each home game
• The band receives ALL parking revenue at home games
Please communicate with Mr. Bryan Wilkins, our head of Truck Crew.
Checkout Procedures (Away Games and Competitions Only)
• Must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm the day before to check a student out after an away game or competition.
• Students can only be checked out by a parent/guardian.
• At event – students MUST check out with their bus chaperone adult AFTER the event has concluded.
• STUDENTS MUST RIDE THE BUS TO ALL EVENTS.
Home and Away Games
• Students will transport themselves to all home games and park in their designated area. Students may also be dropped off at a designated area.
• Students and chaperones will ride the buses to all away games and competitions.
• Stands at games – only current band students and chaperones. No alumni, siblings, etc.
• Water coolers will be provided for water in the stands.
• No food or drink (other than water) is allowed in the stands.
• Students are not allowed to leave the stands unless they are on third quarter break. If a student needs to use the restroom, they must go with a chaperone. • Students will not eat in their band jackets for any reason during third quarter break.
• All students are required to be in attendance for the entire duration of the game. Leaving early is not permitted.
• Always check the calendar on the website. We also send updates regularly via email.
• All new members and those who need new bibbers and shoes will be fitted during band camp. If students have shoes, there is no need to buy more.
• www.southernperformances.com Is the website to order the uniform pieces from. Select “pick your school”. Order bibbers, shoes, gloves. Mrs. Petersen will email individually with sizes for each student. All items will be shipped together at one time to the band room and we will distribute.
• Concert tuxes and dresses will be fitted in September for October ordering. This is required for concert band performances.
Band Office: 251.928.9710.
Fairhope High School
1 Pirate Drive
Fairhope, AL 36532
Copyright @ 2021 Fairhope Buccaneer Band - All Rights Reserved
Please click below to fill out a short form to learn about becoming a sponsor!